About Compass DAEP
- Where is Compass DAEP located?
- Why is my child being placed in DAEP?
- What do I need to know or do before my student begins at DAEP?
- How is DAEP different from junior high or high school?
- Does my child need special supplies at DAEP?
- How does my student receive work and grades while at DAEP?
- Is my child allowed to ride the bus to DAEP?
The mission of Compass DAEP is to provide a structured learning environment for students that promotes self-regulation of behaviors, prosocial skills, and continued support for academic success.
Compass DAEP is a disciplinary alternative campus designed to serve students in grades 3-12 who, due to severe or repeated violations of the Brownsboro Independent School District Code of Conduct, policies or reasons defined in Chapter 37 of the Texas Education Code, have been removed from their home campuses for a designated period of time. Students are placed from their home campus and assigned to the Compass DAEP (which is housed in the same facility as Horizon Academy) in order to maintain their academic progress and address individual behavioral concerns. Our vision is that students will learn to manage challenges, learn self-regulation skills, and build academic skills necessary to return to their home campuses as responsible, productive students.